How to Remove Japanese Knotweed

How to Remove Japanese Knotweed

‘How to remove Japanese Knotweed?’ is a common question that we are asked. Many clients try to carry out DIY removal of Japanese Knotweed. However, to remove Japanese Knotweed you need qualified experts to carry out the eradication of this invasive plant.

As a company we ensure we are up to date with all new legislations and information received from Defra, the environmental agency, and professional bodies such as PCA. This ensures we carry out our work effectively and to the necessary standards.

To remove Japanese Knotweed the most common treatment solution is herbicide treatment. By applying a systemic translocating herbicide to the precise concentration, this ensures that the Japanese knotweed is eradicated. The herbicide we use is 300 times stronger than which is available to the public. We have the necessary qualifications to handle and spray these herbicides including PA6AW, which enables us to safely use the herbicides by water sources.

However, we often find that commercial sites or sites where building work is being carried out require Japanese Knotweed to be removed quickly, to ensure the least amount of delay to the works. In these instances, we often carry out excavation to remove Japanese Knotweed. To learn more about the various treatment options available visit our ‘Treatment Services’ page.

Once the required treatment has been carried out we then continue to inspect the site for two years to ensure that no regrowth occurs. Upon completion of the inspections and when no Japanese Knotweed has been present for two full years we can provide a certificate of completion to state that the site is now Japanese Knotweed free.

To remove Japanese Knotweed from your property – contact us today!

Our experienced and qualified team can remove Japanese Knotweed from your garden or site to ensure it is free from this invasive weed. Don’t allow it to overtake your garden, act now to remove Japanese Knotweed! Contact us today to arrange your site survey.

Back to FAQs